- Collection of Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information
- Accuracy of your Personal Information
- Control of your Personal Information
- Security of your Personal Information
- Links to non-Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. Websites
- Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
- Changes to this Statement
- Contact Information
1. Collection of Personal InformationWhile using the proteanmarketing.com/protean.co.uk website, you may be asked to give personal information that allows us to contact you to provide a service, or carry out a transaction that you have requested such as receiving information about Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. products and services or signing up for an event or training.
The personal information we collect may include your name, title, company or organisation name, work e-mail, work phone, work or home address, information about your job function, and information about your company.
2. Non-Personal InformationThe Site may collect data about usage and service operation that is not associated with a specific personal identity, such as the name of the internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to analyse how visitors use the Site, and to improve the Site and administer the Site.
3. Use of Personal InformationThe personal information collected on this Site will be used to operate the Site, and to provide the service(s) or carry out an order or transaction you have requested or authorised.
Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. may use personal information to better understand your needs and interests, provide you with more effective customer service, improve the Site and any related Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. products or services, and make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information or by customizing the Site to your particular preference or interests. Personal data collected online may also be combined with information collected by other Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. services such as product registration, call centres or at public events such as trade shows or seminars.
We may use your personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including updates and notifications. Additionally, with your permission, we may send you information about other Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. products and services, and/or share information with Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. partners so they may send you information about their products and services.
When you sign up for a newsletter or agree to receive promotional e-mail, proteanmarketing.com/protean.co.uk may use customised links or similar technologies to track e-mail links that you click. We may associate that information with your personal information in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or purchase information. Each e-mail communication includes an unsubscribe link, allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication. When you sign up for a newsletter or agree to receive promotional e-mail, proteanmarketing.com/protean.co.uk may use customised links or similar technologies to track e-mail links that you click. We may associate that information with your personal information in order to provide you with more focused e-mail communications or purchase information. Each e-mail communication includes an unsubscribe link, allowing you to stop delivery of that type of communication.
Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. occasionally employs other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as website hosting; packaging and delivering products; and marketing support. We will only provide those companies with the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. and our website; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. employees or agents, users of Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. products or services, or members of the public.
Personal data given to Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. may be transferred across country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management.
4. Accuracy of your Personal InformationProtean Marketing Communications Ltd. strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have technology, management processes and policies in place to maintain customer data accuracy.
5. Control of your Personal InformationExcept as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. and its controlled affiliates without your permission.
Proteanmarketing.com/protean.co.uk may sometimes send out communications informing you of technical service issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming that you have requested a product or service. In some services offered by proteanmarketing.com/protean.co.uk, contact with the customer is an intrinsic part of the service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service(s) you have chosen.
Please be aware that this privacy statement and any choices you make on the Site will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. in the context of other, separately operated, Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. products or services.
6. Security of your Personal InformationProtean Marketing Communications Ltd. is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
We will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting access to limited access areas on the site or your data.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalise a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of delivering relevant content, eases site navigation, and so on. When you return to the website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the site's features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this or other websites you visit.
10. Enforcement of this Privacy StatementIf you have questions regarding this statement, you should contact Protean Marketing Communications Ltd.
11. Changes to this StatementWe may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the 'last updated' date at the top of the privacy statement. For material changes to this privacy statement, we will notify you either by placing a prominent notice on the home page of our website or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
12. Contact InformationProtean Marketing Communications Ltd. welcomes your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you believe that Protean Marketing Communications Ltd. has not adhered to this privacy statement, please contact us electronically, or via postal mail at the address provided below, and we will make every reasonable effort to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Protean Marketing Communications Ltd.
Unit1, Cutbush Court,
Tel: +44 (0) 1189 759880
Fax: +44 (0) 1189 759710